Skip to content
Stephan Schiffels (PI)
- since 2015: Group leader at the MPI for the Science of Human History, Jena, Germany.
- 2012-2015: Postdoctoral Fellow in the group of Richard Durbin at the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, Cambridge, UK. EMBO-Longterm Fellow from 2012 through 2014.
- 2008-2011: PhD in Theoretical Physics at the University of Cologne, funded by the Deutsche Studienstiftung (German National Merit Foundation).
- since 2015: PhD student at the MPI Jena.
- 2013-2014: MSc in Evolutionary Anthropology, University of Durham, UK.
- 2010-2013: BSc in Genetics, University of York, UK.
- since 2016: PhD student at the MPI Jena
- 2015-2016: MSc in Genetics, University College London, UK
- 2011-2015: BSc Biotechnology, Shandong University, China
- since 2016: PhD student at the MPI Jena, co-supervised by Wolfgang Haak
- 2014-2016: M.Phil in ancient DNA, University of Melbourne
- 2009-2012: BSc(Hons) in Genetics, University of Melbourne
- Since 2018: PhD student at the MPI Jena.
- 2016-2018: Master Student in Naturwissenschaftlicher Archaeologie , University of Tübingen, co-supervised by Verena Schünemann
- 2013-2016 B.A. in Prehistory and Archaeology of the Middle Ages, University of Tübingen
Martina Čížková (Erasmus student)
- PhD student at Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Since January 2019: Visiting Erasmus student.
Suzanne Freilich (Erasmus student)
- PhD student at University of Vienna, Austria.
- Since March 2019: Visiting Erasmus student.
- Since 2016: Affiliated Postdoc at the MPI Jena
- Since 2013: Postdoctoral researcher at the University of Helsinki
- 2013: PhD at the University of Helsinki
Ezgi Altınışık (Erasmus student)
- Since 2015: PhD student with Pavel Flegontov from Ostrava University, Czech Republic.
- Since September 2018: Visiting Erasmus student