Stephan Schiffels (PI)
- since 2015: Group leader at the
MPI for the Science of Human History, Jena, Germany.
- 2012-2015: Postdoctoral Fellow in the group of Richard Durbin at the
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, Cambridge, UK.
EMBO-Longterm Fellow from 2012 through 2014.
2008-2011: PhD in Theoretical Physics at the University of Cologne,
funded by the Deutsche Studienstiftung (German National Merit
- Since 2018: PhD student at the MPI Jena.
- 2016-2018: Master Student in Naturwissenschaftliche Archäologie, University of Tübingen, Master-thesis co-supervised by Verena Schünemann and Stephan Schiffels
- 2013-2016 B.A. in Prehistory and Archaeology of the Middle Ages, University of Tübingen
- since 2020: PhD student at the MPI Jena
- 2018: Master of Science in Naturwissenschaftliche Archäologie, Eberhardt-Karls University, Tuebingen. Supervised by Johannes Krause, Verena Schünemann and Joachim Wahl
- 2015: B.A. Archaeologie - Europa und vorderer Orient, Ludwig-Maximilians University, Munich
- since 2020: Postdoc on ERC project MICROSCOPE
- since 2015: PhD student at the MPI Jena.
- 2013-2014: MSc in Evolutionary Anthropology, University of Durham, UK.
- 2010-2013: BSc in Genetics, University of York, UK.
- Since 2020: Postdoc (50%) ERC project MICROSCOPE
- Since 2018: Sample management and project organization at the Max Planck – Harvard Research Center for the Archaeoscience of the Ancient Mediterranean (MHAAM)
- 2015-2018: Postdoc in the BMBF-funded project “Meanings and Functions of Mediterranean Imports in Early Iron Age Central Europe“, Cultural Heritage Department of Baden-Württemberg (2015-2018)
- 2005-2010: Excavations and PhD (University of Kiel, subject: Archaeology) on the subject of the site of Mont Lassois, Burgundy, France.
- since 2016: PhD student at the MPI Jena, co-supervised by
- 2014-2016: M.Phil in ancient DNA, University of Melbourne
- 2009-2012: BSc(Hons) in Genetics, University of Melbourne
- since 2020: Technical Assistant for the ERC project MICROSCOPE
- 2010-2012: MSc in Zoology, University of Vilnius, Lithuania.
- 2006-2010: BSc in Biology, University of Vilnius, Lithuania.
- Since 2019: PhD student at the MPI Jena.
- 2015-2019: M.A. in Prehistoric and Historic Archaeology, University of Kiel
- 2011-2014 B.A. in Prehistory and Medieval Archaeology, University of Tübingen
- since 2016: PhD student at the MPI Jena
- 2015-2016: MSc in Genetics, University College London, UK
- 2011-2015: BSc Biotechnology, Shandong University, China
- Since 2016: Affiliated Postdoc at the MPI Jena
- Since 2013: Postdoctoral researcher at the University of Helsinki
- 2013: PhD at the University of Helsinki
Suzanne Freilich (Erasmus student)
- March-August 2019: Visiting Erasmus student.
- PhD student at University of Vienna, Austria.
Ezgi Altınışık (Erasmus student)
- September 2018 - February 2019: Visiting Erasmus student
- Since 2015: PhD student with Pavel Flegontov from Ostrava University, Czech Republic.
Martina Čížková (Erasmus student)
- January-June 2019: Visiting Erasmus student.
- PhD student at Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic.